Health insurance on-the-go
Visana’s app, developed by One Inside, is used by more than 100’000 customers.
Visana Services AG
Visana is a Swiss insurance company providing a large pallet of health and property insurances for private and commercial customers, servicing more than 1 million individuals.
Front desk services in your pocket
Visana aimed to offer clients a secure way to access their insurance data via a mobile app.
A lot of customer data was scattered across backend services at Visana as well as a desktop version of the myVisana customer portal. The challenge was to consolidate all of this data while enabling top security.
The Visana app offers:
- easy login by PIN and biometric authentication like fingerprint and face recognition
- all customer relevant data like documents, policy information and invoices to users on the go
- a secure way to scan and upload receipts and invoices
Access insurance services on mobile anytime, anywhere
The application offers Visana’s customers a quick and direct way to access their personal data. They can easily scan and submit invoices and receipts, as well as a contracts and explore additional services to personal health insurance.
One Inside developed the application by respecting all the security requirements: all personal data is protected by state-of-the-art security mechanisms. Security check-ups are continuously verified.
One Inside and Visana have been continuously improving and extending the Visana App to ensure top quality. We’ve added:
- New information architecture and navigation to create additional space for new features like pending invoices and medical consultation
- Conception and implementation of myPoints allows customers to earn money by synchronizing steps and activity data via Apple Health and Google Fit
- Regular updates in order to fulfill new technical guidelines from Google and Apple, but also support new operating systems and devices
Hybrid Mobile App
The Visana App was developed based on the Ionic Framework, which provides a native experience based on web technology.
By mainly using HTML, SCSS and TypeScript for the implementation of all visual components but also application logic, a single code base is serving all relevant operating systems and devices. The app supports iOS and Android, and is optimised for smartphones as well as tablets.